Maintains facility and building systems, supervises janitorial functions, supervises building and maintenance contractors, picks up office and other building supplies, performs local (Houston and surrounding area) battery deliveries and recycling pickups as assigned, and assists VP Administration and VP Operations as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, elevator, and grounds.
- Supervises all janitorial services, provides porter services and supervises building and landscaping contractors.
- Assists VP Administration with handling of all building and office door locks and security system/alarms.
- Maintains all furniture, cubicles, flooring, janitorial supplies, refreshment supplies, and handles logistics of other supplies to support production and administrative requirements.
- After becoming certified / trained in the appropriate DOT hazmat transport regulations, assists Warehouse personnel in performing local battery deliveries and battery recycling pickups to and from customers.
- May participate on Safety Committee.
- With proper training and as time allows, assists Operations with Production Prep tasks or other functions as assigned by the VP Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Education
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and at least 3 years of experience in the building facilities field. Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain sufficient auto insurance. Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds and be able to be on your feet for a substantial portion of the day.