NPI Engineering Technician
Current Open Positions
NPI Engineering Technician
The NPI Engineering Technician is able to work either as a team contributor or independently, on design, testing, and validation of electronic assemblies used in products, manufacturing test fixtures, or lab test systems. Capable of building, troubleshooting, repairing or modifying development, prototype, and/or production ready electronic assemblies and systems by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with team to establish action plans, work efficiently and manage execution.
- Participates in the PDCP process in early phases of R&D Design projects to evaluate system and PCA design and layout of new products being with a focus on DfX issues (especially focused on DfM and DfT issues).
- Designs and/or assemblies experimental circuitry or test systems for use either in a lab environment or eventual use as a test system in production.
- Sets up standard test equipment or devises test apparatus and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, validation and/or life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of test, prototype or production PCA’s or systems.
- Recommends designs or evaluates test fixtures and tools used in the production assembly or test of products being introduced to production. Determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Confers with production, engineering, R&D and technical personnel to resolve testing problems; such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation, and root cause analysis efforts.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate test data.
- Writes preliminary assembly procedures and assists engineering staff in producing formalized assembly procedures.
- Analyze and Solve Problems, Make Sound Decisions, and Innovate
- Align current actions with organizational strategy. Prioritize work in alignment with company plans. Gather relevant information systematically. Improve methods or procedures originated by others.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Education: Prefer an Associate’s Degree in a Technical discipline, preferably Electrical or Electronics discipline.
- Experience: 5 or more years related work experience
- Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications.
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment used in the design and development of electrical and electronic assemblies. Includes but is not limited to Oscilloscope, Function Generator, Logic Analyzer, and Multimeters (Voltage, Current and Resistance measurements).
- Preference for skills with schematic entry, PCA layout (Altium and Solidworks preferred).
- Preference for skills with 3D & 2D mechanical modelling and drawing skills (Solidworks preferred).
- Preference for skills writing test system control code (Labview and/or LabWIndows preferred).
- Proficient in English, speaking and writing.
Working Condidtion and Physical Requirements
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Able to lift 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: General office environment with air-conditioning and heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.