The Sales Administrator (and Marketing Support) provides inside sales and administrative support to the CSMO and the Outside Sales team. This support will include, but not be limited to, setting up new customers and preparing (entering in VM) new customer product quote requests, demand forecasts, and properly prioritizing and representing these to the internal CPA/Manufacturing/Engineering/R&D organizations to help Outside Sales close on new customer sales opportunities. The Administrator will also support pricing analysis and VM entry for all customers (new and existing) for any new or revised prices. Further, the Administrator will be an active driver of the sales pipeline opportunity management, including CRM data entry and reporting, and future business planning, including demand forecasting for the top 20 customers with inputs from outside sales. In addition, the Administrator will follow up and qualify/triage leads from inbound calls, the web, and marketing events to move opportunities through the sales pipeline.
Once Sales Admin is competently executing, the Administrator will assist the CSMO with Marketing Mix planning and execution for existing and new products, including Product Release To Market (RTM), business development events, sales support presentations, Web site management, sales collateral, and customer support documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide sales support for the Outside sales persons. Act as main interface between Outside Sales and Customer Project Administrators (CPA) to facilitate/initiate new customer quotes and SWE efficient yet customer focused demand fulfillment, including customer’s expedites.
• Prepare new customer quote requests, setting up new customers and preparing (entering in VM) new customer product quote requests per SOP.
• Drive pricing analysis and quote price exception meetings and implement pricing analysis on Visual Mfg system.
• Be first point of contact and triage for handling any inbound sales leads from calls, email, and/or website.
• Implement demand forecast modeling and monthly reporting for top 20 customers including any build to stock and/or consignment plan. Must be capable in MS Excel.
• Monitor shipment schedules, provide schedule updates, schedule customer inspections, and serve as primary contact for expediting with the customer.
• Monitor confidential disclosures agreement status and past due payables at customers and work with Outside sales, Operations, and Accounting to help meet company goals for IP protection and collections.
• Communicate to Outside Sales any CPA highlighted production or customer service issues that could potentially harm customer relations or jeopardize current or future business.
• Lead and maintain customer contact and sales pipeline information in Pipeline Deals CRM.
• Manage the weekly pull and prep of sales results, prospects, Pipeline Deals, and quote/PRJ/Prototypes reports for the Sales meeting.
• Follow SWE SOPs and general office protocol in carrying out assigned duties, and suggesting improvements as appropriate. Update/document processes for the efficient operation of sales.
• Provide copying, filing, typing, and general administration activities for sales team as well as overflow call coverage for CPAs if needed.
• Schedule and arrange logistics for customer visits/tours to SWE.
• Assist the CSMO with Marketing Mix planning and achievement for new Product Release To Market (RTM), business development events, and sales support presentations and documents. Must be proficient in sourcing and editing MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
• From time to time attend industry trade shows to provide logistical and sales support (some travel required).
• Participate in sourcing and editing press releases, brochures, web site material, and other collateral. Must be proficient in MS Word.
• Keep the company website data fresh and effective. Must be able to learn Web editing software.
• Organize sales events throughout the year to include creating the itineraries and schedules, assisting with travel arrangements, etc.
• Research and create/deliver industry specific presentations providing assessment and recommendations on market opportunity.
• Provide confidential administrative support to the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Education
• Knowledge of office administrative procedures, use and operation of standard office equipment.
• 3+ years office administrative experience and/or marketing/marcom experience.
• Sales and/or customer support experience required.
• BS in Marketing or Business Development preferred.
• Strong knowledge of various computer software applications including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Technical aptitude and interest to learn and discern customer technical requirements and product benefits.
• Strong interpersonal customer service skills including the ability to develop rapport and trust with outside sales, customers, and other employees.
• Proficiency with Intranet and Internet search and update/organization.
• Some travel required.