Embedded Software Engineer
Current Open Positions
Embedded Software Engineer
Southwest Electronic Energy (SWE), a leader in advanced battery solutions for industrial applications, is offering an adventure tailor-made for an experienced, hands-on Embedded Software Engineer (Firmware Engineer) for our next generation battery products and platforms serving Subsea Vehicles, Subsea Oil & Gas Infrastructure, MWD/LWD, PIG and other applications.
SWE batteries are highly configurable based on customer use case. These leading edge “mechatronics-class” systems involve the integration of uP based electronics, embedded software/firmware, software GUI, battery cells, wire harnesses and communications in ruggedized mechanical enclosures exposed to harsh environments.
The successful candidate will be able to work within the SWE R&D team and contribute individually to the design, development and production support of SWE batteries and battery systems. The candidate will possess strong skills in embedded software development, a good understanding of software architecture and excellent communication skills. Success in this position requires the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architects, designs and codes embedded software/firmware for SWE batteries and battery systems
- Defines and manages interfaces with hardware and application software within the system
- Owns and promotes Embedded software/firmware lifecycle process and best practices
- Responsible for quality of Embedded software/firmware architecture and code
- Provides production support and quick resolution of customer issues
Key Skills, Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Education: BS in EE or Comp.Sc, MS in EE or Comp.Sc preferred
- 7-10 years in embedded software/firmware development
- Expert in C or C++ and assembly programming; Experience in C#, Labview/Labwindows or Python is desirable
- Experienced working with a wide variety of micro-processors and micro-controllers, including Microchip PICs
- Experience using Embedded Software development tools: compliers, libraries, IDE, simulators and emulators
- Familiarity with software build/release process and prior use of version control tools such as TFS, Clear case, Subversion or GIT is a must
- Working knowledge of software engineering and embedded software/firmware life cycle processes
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Proficient in serial communications standards such as such as CAN, USB, RS485, I2C, SPI, Ethernet (TCP/IP, TCP/UDP, etc) and Modbus
Working Condidtion and Physical Requirements: