Sales Application Engineer
Sales Application Engineer
As a Sales Application engineer, you will work within the Sales team to develop new SWE business for advanced lithium ion, lithium, and related battery products by leveraging SWE technology and customer service focus. You will have demonstrated business development success meeting client needs via listening to the customer and a technical consultative sales process with client engineers and/or product managers. This position requires an engineer with more than theoretical and practical knowledge: Social interaction skills and a customer-oriented mindset are just as important. You will support the SWE sales team, and work with SWE R&D and Manufacturing teams to deliver top service, quality, and reliability. You will manage account technical relationships with client engineering, and possibly manage SWE custom technical projects for clients. You will report to the Sales Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and maintain a deep technical understanding of SWE products, technologies, services and delivery capabilities, and our focus on Service, Quality, and Reliability.
- Bring a systems and applications engineering view to help customers solve problems.
- Help create and communicate value propositions for SWE products and services.
- Help determine potential new market sectors and potential target customers.
- Gather customer requirements, formulate the customer's problem statement, and advise customers on technical support issues
- Organize customer needs information and own working these with R&D and Manufacturing to a SWE solution
- Monitoring key project milestones in order to guarantee a timely and smooth product launch at the customer
- Visit current and prospective clients for introductory and consultative sales meetings.
- Input to and utilize Pipeline Deals CRM for sales pipeline management and reporting.
- Create and present technical presentations to customers and at conferences.
- Work with SWE Customer Project Administration, Sales Administrator, R&D, Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing to lead requirements specification and prioritization of new product developments, either standard or custom.
- Prepare responses to RFPs by collaborating with accounting, engineering, and manufacturing departments.
- Actively participate in internal SWE sales meetings and ISO quality meetings.
- Support SWE marketing efforts by participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing related events as appropriate.
- Prepare periodic reports on sales and markets as requested by management.
- Learn and participate in SWE’s New Product Development and Commercialization process, including participation or owning the IS / IS NOT specification portion for new products.
- Monitoring and possibly managing key project milestones in order to guarantee a timely and smooth product launch at the customer
- Become familiar with the Company’s HSE and ISO9001Quality policies and expectations, and maintains an HSE/Quality mindset at all times.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Education
Education: Undergraduate degree or higher in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Engineering or Industrial Distribution is also applicable
- Previous experience in electronics applications engineering or technical sales support
- Previous experience selling and/or marketing customized products to Oil and Gas service companies
- Electronic component sales experience preferred
- Minimum five years of work experience preferred
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective presentation communication skills
- Effective relationship management skills
- Outstanding references
Houston based. No relocation expenses offered.