Current Open Positions
Project Engineer Technical CAD
Requirements and Responsibilities For Printed Circuit Board Designer III
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Owning all PCA document librarian and doc control aspects for PCA components and assemblies.
- Works as part of general CAD team to support Engineering, R&D and Production with documentation, mechanical drawings, assembly instructions and the document control aspects of such.
- PCB outline and layer setup, component placement and signal routing.
- Interface with board fabrication vendors to select and use correct impedance rules, DFM and DFT rulesets.
- Work with hardware engineers, PCB designers and fabricators for development and sustaining of actual products.
Engineering / Application Projects – Customer Designed:
- Assists the Sales Department with sales support in either Primary or Secondary batteries.
- Is technical liaison with the customer as required
- Directs and/or assists in department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Assess potential application of SWE products or services and offers solutions that meet customer’s needs.
- Works with Engineering or R&D to prepare quotes or aspects of quotes, provide technical support/assistance as needed to facilitate accurate completion using the SWE ERP system.
- Provides technical advice to the CPAs & sales force to resolve product or service requests regarding engineering or technical issues
- Provides technical training to clients as needed
- BS in Electronics or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in CAD/PCB Library Management and Design;
- Familiarity with both Digital and Analog with strong Analog experience, Mix signal circuit design, Circuit and Layout design of Relays/Diodes/Transistor based AC/DC Voltage & High current products; all phases of hardware development including: schematic entry, manually generated constraints and/or understand the requirements of the constraints, and board layout.
- Schematic, PCB Layout and PCB artwork/CAM file generation using Altium and Express PCB
- Prepares Gerber file for fabrication, Project Documentation, Develop and maintain company standards for various designs
- Prepares Bill of Materials, Project Documentation (Datasheet, Application notes and Production notes etc…
- Able to evaluate replacement electronic components for compatibility with existing PCA designs.;
- Interpret and apply industry standards and specifications related to PCB design
- Capable of making modifications and updates in existing Printed Circuit Boards
- Experienced with state of the art PCB design tools and methodology
- Proficiency with High speed board design/layout, familiar with high density BGA's, blind and buried via's.
- A self-starter, highly motivated, with excellent organizational skills, and must have excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Experience with mechanical design using Solid Works.