Sr. NPI Engineer
Current Open Positions
NPI Engineering Technician Technical Customer Project Administrator
Sr. NPI Engineer
Outstanding Problem Solving Capability and Accountability: Is a hands-on lead. Not just able to direct others to do it although that’s important to. Able to work directly on unusually complex problems, provide solutions that are highly creative and able to drive for results.
- Works as part of a team reporting to COO, with goals aligned on long-range targets while achieving short term results. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
- High Impact to the Company: Decisions directly impact the organizations ability to achieve its objectives and the image of the company.
- Proven Leadership: Able to do the job on his/her own and able to delegate to team members
Duties and Responsibilities
Manufacturing Engineering NPI deals with design-for-producibility, product transition from the design phase to full Production Release, including quality, manufacturing and product sustaining processes. This position focuses on building the processes and infrastructure needed for each department involved in assembly, test and quality control. It will involve some or all of the following depending on the product:
- Quality Engineering – working with all departments in the QR / MFG / RD groups, establish a quality system detailing process and functional requirements.
- Producibility Engineering – A successful embedded system requires design for repetitive, cost effective, high quality production. Throughout development and into product launch, producibility and related manufacturing considerations must be interwoven with design that assures feasibility of production for the least cost. NPI will work with Manufacturing/Production Engineering to define and document requirements early in the product development life cycle (starting at project concept) and continues to drive conformance through Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Review (CDRs), prototype build and validation.
- New Product Introduction and Manufacturing Sustaining: Lead all collaborative efforts with Manufacturing Engineering, Production Engineering and Quality Engineering to:
- Define manufacturing processes, production targets, costs, contracting with outside vendors and even competitive factors.
- Review manufacturing sourcing RFPs and responses. Approves the selection of sub-contractors, monitors sub-contractors performance.
- Create manufacturing plans for prototype, pilot production and full production.
- Demonstrates and owns production readiness and documenting same via the RTP (release to production) checklist. This includes production tooling, facilities, manufacturing methods/workflows and test flows.
- Sustain the manufacturing process by minimizing scrap and rework.
- Attends project reviews and design reviews. Presents updates at project reviews on manufacturing readiness and issues.
- Able to analyze engineering CAD models for HW producibility
- Product Validation – participates in the validation process. Creates product validation test plans, manages validation and presents validation results, conclusions and recommendations to SWE staff.
- Test Engineering - IQC and production test plan and implementation
- Defines requirements and oversees design of production test fixtures utilizing in-house team members or outside contractors.
- Product Sustaining - Leads
- Root Cause (RCA) and corrective actions meetings.
- Resolution for production issues or field returns with embedded electronics
- Provides technical support to the manufacturing floor, manufacturing vendors and often to sales and customers.
- Works with design lead to ensure hardware, software, mechanical fixes to root cause are developed and implemented.
Identifies production yield and test coverage issues and develops improvements.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Education and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Very Experienced, Engineering Degree:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 15+ years experience in the design and manufacture of analog and digital HW, embedded systems or computers.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a cross team environment and with
- Experienced in all phases of Quality and Manufacturing including QA, QC,
- Mfg, Prep, planning, execution, tracking and reporting.
COMPUTER AND EQUIPMENT SKILLS: Proficiency with
- Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- Excel graphs
- Power Point Presentations
- Word Tables & Forms
- Solid Works
- Lab View programming experience is strongly requested
- PCB/PCA layout and schematic entry is a plus (Altium preferred)
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in English, both verbal and written
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to lift 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NPI Engineers, NPI technician